Tuesday, April 1, 2008

OMFG*@&!*&@& BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Breaking news, exclusive to our modest little site:

Duke center, Brian Zoubek, has decided to forgo his remaining two years of eligibility and declare for the NBA Draft. Zoubek, who averaged 3.8 points and 3.4 rebounds off the bench for Duke, explained his decision to us.

"I figure now is as good a time as any. NBA teams LOVE to draft unathletic, white centers way too early in the draft. Might as well go make my millions."

We asked Zoubek if the team's early exit from the tournament had anything to do with this decision.

"Of course that played into it. Look how sad I was, I don't think I can put myself through that again. In the NBA, I probably won't care as much."

Zoubek added, "Plus, odds are I won't get any better playing here. Aside from Shelden Williams and Elton Brand, most of the big guys who have come here have left with out ever fulfilling their McDonald's All-American potential. Shavlik Randolph, Josh McRoberts, Casey Sanders, Nick Horvath. None of them improved at all in college."

We asked Zoubek what he thinks about the theory, supported by statistical analysis of their post-collegiate performance, that all of these players were only All-Americans because they were signed with Duke.

"Nah, I'm awesome. There's no way that makes complete sense. No disrespect to Coach, but maybe this enviroment doesn't allow us to fully reach out potential. Anyway, I'm going to get paid! If Roy Hibbert is going to get drafted, I definitely will."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well played.

Anonymous said...

extremely cheesy post...despite it being april the 1st. Duke isn't worth the news.

Anonymous said...

Jaredadams1 thinks Shav got drafted.....lol....

Jaredadams1 is brilliant.

Anonymous said...

a better article would have been, "which poster is a bigger tool?"...Jaredadams1 or TrustInRoy.