Sunday, March 23, 2008

College Basketball


Ok, so I lied. I am going to write one more, short, stupid article on college basketball. It isn't going to say anything special or new or even interesting, but its my blog and really I can do what I like when I like, so here it is. GAY. That's all I have to say about NCAA D1 basketball. Wanna know why? Cause my D3 Wash U Bears are National Champions baby. Thats right, #1 in D3, so SUCK IT. The Bears defeated Amherst on Saturday, and they didn't just defeat them, they OWNED THEM... 90-68. The Bears were missing their starting point guard, who tore his acl in the beginning of the season. The Bears are young too, with their starting five consisting of only 1 senior, 1 junior, and 3 sophomores (with the starting point guard who missed the whole year being a sophomore as well). The Bears ran through the tournament, coming in as an 8 seed, and still were able to beat 3 #1 seeds as they went. So Congratulations Wash U and the National Championship that you just won.

Now, to be completely honest. I did not watch a single game of their season. I was in Louisville during their tournament and only found out they won when someone on the trip with me informed me. I can name just 1 kid on the team, Alex Baron, and thats only because he went to my high school. I'm not trying to take anything away from the kids on the team because it is awesome that they won the tournament and that they are national champions. But really who cares? Its D3, and means nothing to me. Sorry thats just my personal opinion. Even D1 bball means nothing to me anymore. I can't get excited about anything other than baseball and football now adays, and occasionally the NBA, but really its hard to care about a league in which no one plays defense.

UPDATE: Just thought I'd let you know that my bracket for the REAL D1 tourny is worse off than JT's. 3/4 of my final 4 teams are gay and lost, and only North Carolina, my eventually champion, is still around. GAY.

No comments: