Sunday, February 17, 2008

Dwight Howard

Again, this will be mostly football, but occasionally JT and I will decide to post on something else. Today I feel like talking about last night and the NBA slam dunk contest. Mainly Dwight Howards Superman dunk. I don't have a lot to say about this because I am not a big basketball fan, but I do want to say that he did not actually dunk the ball. If you go to the video and look at it, he is about a good 1/2 foot away from the rim and just chucks the ball into the hoop. I admit the "layup" is a pretty sweet "layup" but really how can that be classified as a dunk? His hand never touched the rim, and while he did "throw it down with authority" he didn't actually dunk the ball. Thats it, point made. 


UPDATE: 11:48: I'm not saying Dwights Dunk wasn't sweet because it was sweet. He deserved to win the title and all. My point was he didn't dunk the ball. He threw it down. NOT A DUNK. Either way, he is sweet, it was sweet. He is becoming the next Shaq, but way cooler and way less fat. 

No comments: