Wednesday, February 27, 2008

UNC

This site is wayyyyy to biased towards UNC fans. Both JT and Shenanigans are UNC students and obviouly have way to much love for their alma mater. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being a fan of your school, but constantly bashing other teams ahead of unc...simply because they are ahead of unc is not the way to do things. Now lets get things straight, I go to a shitty D3 school whose basketball team is actaully fairly good, but remember its D3. I do not get into college basketball like I did when I was in high school and truly do not care one bit who is#1 and who wins the ncaa tourny, until of course I make my bracket for March Madness. I do understand that Tennessee is a streaky team. They launch 3 after 3 and if they are on, they are tough to beat, and if they are off, they are tough to lose to. But I can think of a lot of teams, both past and present that rely on the the 3, namely The Duke Blue Devils back when GayGay was there. If he had a bad night, Duke usually lost, if he was on, Duke usually won. Now I'm not saying they were a good team, but for some reason every thought they were a good team. They were probably a pretty overrated #1 but people never really said anything about them. Tennessee can be a dangerous team come tourny time if they can get hot and stay hot. WHO KNOWS. Shooting up 3 after 3 is not a bad way to play as long as you dont have a bad shooting night. Really this article has no relevance to anything at all and is pretty stupid. I just wanted to say that these UNC fans are getting on my nerves so I thought id write on something I know nothing about.. whatever GO TERPS 2008 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Update: For the record, I would have voted Duke #1 over Tennessee. It isn't mindless bashing. It's just that they are not a good team. They were not deserving of being voted the top team in the country and that is why their reign at the top lasted only about 2 hours. Kentucky is tied with them for the SEC lead and will more likely than not, beat them this weekend. They live and die by the three. Fact is (I understand they have shot pretty poorly over the past couple of games) they cannot shoot free throws. You can't win in March with a 64.5% FT. Everyone knows you don't shoot free throws during a pick up game. Someone remind Coach Ferrigno and the Vols that they are playing college basketball.

Update again: I openly admit that I know little about college basketball... im just tired of reading stuff about UNC.

1 comment:

Shenanigans said...

my picture on the interwebs! noooooooo